A Faster and More Comfortable Post-Hospitalisation Recovery
One of the top causes of hospital readmission or delayed recovery following a hospitalisation is insufficient support or the lack of personalised care. If you or a loved one has recently been hospitalised or is scheduled for an upcoming surgery or procedure, you may find the experience of sorting post-hospitalisation care to be challenging. At Home Care Assistance, we are committed to reducing avoidable hospital readmissions and making the transition back to home following a hospitalisation as seamless as possible. Our specialised post-hospitalisation care promotes a faster recovery period for our clients and provides peace of mind for their loved ones.
Specialised Post-Hospitalisation Care Allows a Seamless Transition Back to Home
The days and weeks immediately after discharge from the hospital is a critical time. With our specialised post-hospitalisation care, a caregiver is present before discharge to ensure a smooth transition from the hospital to the home and assist with a wide range of daily tasks. Assistance with activities of daily living allows individuals in recovery to focus on getting well and achieving their optimal quality of life.
Our post-hospital care services include, but are not limited to:
- Providing a nutritious diet, physical exercise, and social interaction
- Completing household chores like cleaning, laundry, and dishes
- Creating a positive and supportive environment for recovery
- Personal hygiene assistance with grooming, bathing, and toileting
- Assistance with walking and wheelchair and bed transfers
Avoid Hospital Readmittance with Post-Hospital Care
Approximately 35 percent of seniors are readmitted to the hospital after only 90 days of being discharged, usually because they didn’t follow the instructions for medication and treatment or missed a followup appointment. In addition to assistance with daily activities, our specialised post-hospital care helps our clients avoid readmission through the following ways:
- Personalised recovery plan tailored to the individual’s care needs
- Support in therapy exercises
- Transportation to followup appointments
- A balanced diet and healthy meal preparation to promote total health
We know each client is unique. Our caregivers coordinate with our clients, their family, physicians, and pharmacists to create a personalised post-hospitalisation care plan. Call (02) 9158 3880 to speak with a Care Manager today and experience a faster and more comfortable post-hospital recovery for your loved one.